Show Notes for Episode 12: Seeing Isn’t Believing, Believing is Seeing
In this episode, the elves discuss Tim Allen’s hit 1994 holiday comedy, The Santa Clause. (One of Disney’s better forays into the realm of Christmas movies, and the third Disney film in a row they’ve covered!) Julia, Thom, and Anthony find common ground this week in their love of a film they truly believe to be a modern, Christmas classic.
- Darlene’s Sweaters – They may call it ugly, but we call it unique!
- It’s officially November – we are that much closer to Christmas! How exciting!
- Disney, please give us free things!
- The elves all love The Santa Clause, and have an in-depth conversation covering a variety of topics, including the method by which Scott Calvin gets roped into becoming Santa; the North Pole; Christmas music; Comet the Reindeer; and Santa’s look (#ThatsMySanta) amongst many others! Also: lots of quotes!
- The elves are in agreement that the film passes the Linus Test, and all give it high marks, which lands the film the number two spot on our Christmas Canon List! (Coming in just below the still reigning champion, Elf!)
- Lots of Comments from Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter! Casey Maute lets us know via a tweet that she enjoys Christmas in Hollis, which is definitely a reason for celebration in Anthony’s eyes!
- New iTunes review from all over the world! Thanks guys!
- Rachel Joy is the winner of our Pop Funko giveaway – thanks for all of the reviews, everyone! And speaking of winners, the Astros won the World Series!
- Want bonus content – including a full-length bonus episode in which we cover the Halloween classic, Hocus Pocus? Please donate to our Patreon!
- Next Week’s movie: 1985’s One Magic Christmas. (We’re continuing to ride the Disney Christmas trend!) Tune in!
- The elves discuss what they leave out as a snack for Santa and his reindeer on Christmas Eve.
- Only 49 days until Christmas!