Merry Christmas in July, everybody! (And on behalf of the entire "Christmas Podcast Network", Merry Gerry in July!) Can you believe we're officially five months away from Christmas? This year is flying!
As it tends to happen to the best of us around the holidays themselves, "Tis the Podcast's" Christmas in July plans were derailed this year! Originally, Anthony was writing an original radio drama with listener Rebecca Boll for the elves, their fellow Christmas podcast hosts, and other friends of the show to perform - but it didn't get finished in time. (Stay tuned for the actual Christmas season later this year!) And then, the elves wanted to put together a live-read of everyone's favorite Christmas film, "Elf", but due to miscommunication and scheduling conflicts, that plan fell through at the last minute. But, wanting to deliver something to all of y'all to mark the summer holiday today, Julia, Thom, and Anthony are joined by Gerry Davila of "Totally Rad Christmas", Todd Killian of "Christmas Clatter", Ron Hogan of "Film Strip Podcast", and Claude Bélanger of "Christmas Conversations" to honor Christmas in July!
The result is the most chaotic conversation that has ever occurred in "Tis the Podcast's" four year run! Just some of the topics that come up in today's off-the-walls, hilarious episode (which is naturally filled with lots of trolling) include:
- True Crime (and Anthony's resulting paranoia)
- Thom's plans to "Cosby" Ron
- Claude's official "Tis the Podcast" initiation
- Christmas ornaments already bought by each of us this year
- Todd's ascension to the biggest troll of the "Christmas Podcast Network"
- "American Idol"
- Musicians - dead and alive - we wish would record (or had recorded) Christmas albums, in addition to all of the random celebrities who have released holiday records in the past (looking at you Rosie and Regis!)
- Gerry's theory that Donald Trump copied "Time Cop" to win the 2016 presidential election
- Actors we'd like to see play Santa Claus in a film one day (and actors who are no longer with us we wish had played him in a film before they passed)
- "The Winter Soldier" and "Zack Snyder's Justice League"
- All of our individual Top 4 Christmas films
- Ideas for how the "Christmas Podcast Network" can celebrate Halloween and Christmas later this year
- Julia's upcoming 39th birthday
And all of that barely scratches the service, because there is much, much more discussed - and many quotes from "The Office" dropped - in this hilarious, beautiful mess of an episode that is nothing but banter!
So settle in and relax by the pool with your favorite summer beverage, close your eyes, imagine the cold, winter days ahead that will be here before you know it as we fast approach the most wonderful time of the year, and enjoy this episode! And get excited, because there's plenty of fun stuff coming up on the show as well!
This upcoming Monday, July 26th, we will be dropping our episode on the 2002 made for TV movie, “It’s a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie”! And on Tuesday, July 27th, the elves will be joined by some very special, frequent and beloved guests (schedules permitting) to record another Double Feature of an episode, which will be dropping in your main feeds on Monday, August 2nd! We’ll be discussing the one Christmas episode of HBO’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm” (Anthony's favorite TV show of all time!) – Season 3, Episode 9: “Mary, Joseph and Larry” and the one Christmas episode of the TruTV comedy, “I’m Sorry” (One of Anthony's wife's, Sarah's, favorite shows of all time!) - Season 2, Episode 4: “Couple’s Massage”! Before that drops in your feeds though, on Thursday, July 29th, you’ll get to hear Chapter 26 of “Another Christmas Story” entitled “Hark the Herald Angel Sing”, which Adam Parker Sibun of “Merry Britmas” will be reading to y’all!
Enjoy, y'all! 🎅🏻🎄🎁 🦌🦉⛄️🔔 🤶🏻 🎀 ❄️